Friday 16 April 2010

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (book)

An absolutely fantastic book, my only regret is that I didn't read it sooner. Oh, and that I haven't yet managed to find the next one along at the library. But other than those slight handicaps, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well written, enjoyable, far more depth and intrigue than in the film. I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to be writing an essay on this book, about how classical things (in this case, classical mythology) are still popular in modern books/movies. Either this or Clash of the Titans, which looks really exciting. Any rate, the characterisation was part of what made this book so great, along with a fascinating plot. Much better than the movie, although I certainly enjoyed it. To be honest, I would recommend you watch the film first so that the book doesn't spoil the film--the book's too good to be spoilt :).

1 comment:

Janell said...

Thanks for the tip x)

And yes, I did know there was a manga version of the Bible xD