Sunday 24 April 2011

Shrike

I haven't said anything about my writing for a while.  In fact, I didn't even mention on here that I finished another novel the other week.  It's provisionally titled Shrike, but I think it will eventually end up as Two For Joy.  Took a fair while to get there, and I hadn't finished anything for a while (done plenty of writing, just on bits and pieces going nowhere, rather than concentrating and getting things done).  Any rate, I've finished another novel :)

It's a sci-fi/crime novel (yes, that's definitely a genre, even if I've only ever read one that I would put in that genre...).  Anyway, there's a Birdie police officer, because I like flying things/flying people, called Ash.  There's a serial killer.  There's a lot of prejudice against Ash because he's a Birdie.  He's fighting for equality.  What else can I say?  It's not all typed up yet, so even if you wanted to I can't tell you to read it.  And it needs editing too.  And also means I have to edit the other stuff in the series I've written to take account of  the fact that Ash as a character has developed somewhat.

I'm currently working on another sci-fi/crime novel, which I'm hoping to work on until I finish it, rather than getting distracted and meandering off chasing other bits of novels.  I'm having fun at the moment with it at any rate.  One thing I have noticed is that I find it hard to cover longer time-spans in my own work.  So far, I'm on Chapter 5 and it's covered a couple of hours.  I'm working on it :)

I think that's about it in terms of writing.  Just thought I'd tell the whole world about what I'm up to :)

No comments: