Wednesday 9 December 2009

Nanowrimo

I've just realised that I haven't actually posted on here since the end of November... Oops. I never told you how I did with the whole novel in a month thing... Well, I managed an official total of 109,694. Which is the most I've ever written in a month before (my previous record was 108,000 in January. Actually, I just checked that to see exactly, and it's not actually the highest I've ever managed! That would be 117,454 in January, not 108000 as I thought. I never realised it was that much! To be fair though, I did have about a week with nothing to do--I think about half of that was written before I went back to college, I do know that I managed to write an entire story in 2 weeks). Anyway, I'm quite chuffed with that total as you can imagine, especially because I didn't neglect college work or even reading to attain it. I've just discovered off the nanowrimo website that out of the people in Manchester signed up for the Regional Word War (we came 12th--it goes off average words rather than total so that it's fair), I got the highest wordcount! The wordcount there as the highest is mine!!! Sorry, I shall calm down. I didn't know that before. Anyway, nanowrimo went pretty well. I wrote Moonwalker from start to finish, and begun another story which I will hopefully finish at some point which is currently untitled. I'm quite chuffed with Moonwalker, I don't think it's gonna need that much editing. Well, not major major editing. It does need a couple of random off topic injunctions taking out, and there are a few scenes I need to delete and alter, but nothing too major.

Well, I've just started another new story (yeh, I can't help myself sometimes, but it's a story I've been trying to write for a while and I think I might actually get it down this time as it has a totally different start to where my previous attempts went from), and it's another angel one. Mainly focussing on Red, who I think is one of the most interesting characters I've ever written. It'll be the seventh chronologically, although it's the ninth that I've actually written. And I think I should probably do a bit of editing work on Winged Fire (second angel story). Well, rewriting. Anyway, I should go do some work on my Assignment...

No comments: