Monday 1 September 2008

First Day at College!!!

I had a pretty good day. Didn't know anyone at first, but then I saw Conor and Becky, who are both in the year above but were in today as guide people. I met a bunch of people in my lessons, and I think I should settle in fairly well. It's going to be heaving as of Wednesday though. We only had half of my year in today, there's going to be four times that on Wednesday. Ahhh!!! I managed to lose my umbrella, and of course it rained coming home. Thankfully Aunty Lynne drove past when I was about five/ten minutes from home and gave me a lift the rest of the way.
My Literature teacher seems really good. Plus we have a crazy Scottish guy in charge of the chaplaincy. What is it about the Scottish and church work? I swear, three quarters of the pastors I know well/expect to know well (Buster, Clark, Mr D, chaplaincy pastor) are Scottish. Guess which are which...
Anyway, I can't wait to start properly in many ways, although I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to get swamped with homework. Five hours a week is what some subjects are claiming. Maths claims a little less though, only eighty minutes per week, and I work fast at maths so hopefully it'll be a bit less than that even.
We're reading the Great Gatsby for English, wonder what it'll be like... Perhaps I should post the essay I ultimately do on here.

No comments: