Sunday 7 September 2008

The Visitor (Lee Child)

Another Jack Reacher thriller. Reacher looks like he might be starting to settle down. He has a house left to him by an old army buddy, he has a steady girlfriend who he's known for years, and he has a car. Ties that he's not used to. And then the FBI pulls him in, and he's trapped into a maze of deceit and murder and bluff and double bluff. The ultimate conclusion? Well, he wanders off again, of course, and leaves a lot of bodies behind, but that's never really in any doubt. After all, there's more to the series after that. Anyway, it truly is full of twists and turns and I love the series. Want to find the whole lot of them. Which may take a while, as I can never seem to find them, no matter how much looking I do. Well, I suppose that's not true. I've found three, plus one I borrowed from the library and one I had on tape which I never finished listening too. Not because I wasn't enjoying the story, but because I really don't do listening to tapes. I can't sit still and listen to them, drives me scatty. I listened to about ten CDs, maybe 11, out of the 14 while I was tidying my room, but there's a limit to how much of that you can do. So I gave it up, and now I really want to know how it ends, so I need to find a 'proper' copy of it somewhere.

No comments: