Thursday 24 July 2008

Crazy old folk

I've started volunteering at Bethany House, which is a Christian residential care home for old people. And today, I was helping do an activity where a couple of the people were supposed to be painting plant pots. I say supposed to be, because the staff and me did most of the plant pot painting for them. And then one old lady decided it would be a good idea to put the plant pot which she'd partially painted and which I'd partially painted inside her cardigan, so she could 'take it home with her'. I don't know whether she's joking with that, or whether she really does want to go home, because she keeps saying she wants to go home, but she's something of a character, and so I'm not convinced she's genuinely confused. Anyway, then she decided that it looked a little strange to just have one plant pot in her cardigan, despite my protests that it was still a bit wet, and decided to use one of the unpainted ones to put on the other side of her cardigan. I was highly amused. I mean, you wouldn't expect a child to so something like that, but this crazy old lady decides to wear two plant pots, and that's just fine, as well as very amusing. Anyway, I thought I'd just share that little snippet of life with you. It made me laugh, that's for sure.

No comments: