Thursday 17 July 2008

My Stories

Again, I've not updated this for a while. So, at the moment I'm working on about seven different stories. I'm editing One For Sorrow, because there's a whole new scene needs to go in there and it needs some other bits adding. I'm also working on the sequel, Two For Joy, but I'm writing that entirely in a notebook and then typing it up, it seems to work better for this particular story. Then I'm working on rewriting Winged Fire (second angel book). I'm also doing a little work on Chain Heart (what I think will be the sixth angel book, but two of the ones that come before it aren't written yet), because last night I had this really, really good idea which fixed the stall I'd come across. And then I'm also working on To Steal Faith, which is good fun, but Terry is really, really causing me problems in that book. I was just like 'What!!!???' when he revealed some interesting titbits about his character and past that had never, ever, ever occurred to me might possibly even be vaguely true. I mean, who would've thought it. Terry, a drug addict for some time? And the whole thing with why he hates hospitals too. And I thought Eagle's revelation about his family was big. Still, doesn't quite compare to the thing I've just discovered about Josh and Sammy and Ben too I guess. But it's more precisely about what Ben isn't. Anyway. I'm also working on The Desert Rat, which is a story set partially during the First World War and partially thirteen years later shortly before the stock market collapses and during the collapse. It's me trying to show how the events in the War affect the people afterwards. And then I'm also working on Sky Dancer on and off, which I've been working on since November, it was my NaNoWriMo novel, and I've recently decided to add about a dozen characters, meaning a huge chunk of new plot, and it really is nowhere near finished. I may have to just split it up into three books, like I was originally planning on doing. Hmm, I might do that. I've got a semi-convinient point to leave it. Then I could send it to Bryony and see what she thinks. Hmm... That's worth doing I think. I'll try and wrap it up a little, but leave enough loose ends that people would want to read the next one. That's what I'll do. Bye, I'm off to do a little editing...

No comments: