Thursday 24 July 2008

Story update

Well, I haven't done all that much reading recently. However, I have done quite a lot of writing. I'm on target for 75000 words this month, and I'm planning on having a mega-writing session next week, but I don't know if it will actually happen.
Two For Joy turned up a couple of surprises yesterday. First thing that happened, was that Lou, who I included just because I needed a drummer and then decided she'd make a good romantic interest for Ash, suddenly decided she'd been Ash's counterpart in a Pure terrorist group, as opposed to the Birdie terrorist group he was part of. And they both joined for pretty much the same reason, and they both stopped for pretty much the same reason, although Ash hasn't really stopped, I think he's going to go back to it. In fact, I'm almost a hundred percent certain that in about the second to last book he's going to return to being a terrorist. The next thing that happened was this little eight-year-old kid turned up outside the church they were sleeping in. I introduced him only to move the story on. But of course, he wasn't content with that, and it transpired that Ash had killed his parents that morning and so the kid had nobody else to stay with. To cut a long story short, he's moving in with Ash.
And then, I was working on Winged Fire this morning. But Ternalice was not content with remaining a nice, quiet guy until a couple of books later any more. Oh no, he's decided to throw himself right into the thick of the action and is currently being menaced by a pair of spear-wielding demons who he's going to have to outwit without drawing his blade if things are to work out properly. So there you go. Beware of seemingly innocent minor characters. They have a habit of taking on a life of their own.

No comments: