Wednesday 30 July 2008

The Midnight Club

Another James Patterson book. I do like his books, but I'm convinced the older ones are a lot better than the more recent ones, with the possible exception of the Alex Cross books, where the most recent ones really are quite good. This one's definitely one of his earlier books--published in 1989.
I absolutely loved it. The main character is really intriguing, and I absolutely loved him. He's in a wheelchair, and he's a cop working the streets. I love the way he's so determined to keep going, and the book has plenty of twists. I would have liked to see more books about John Stefonovitch, but not now, because he's no longer in a wheelchair (sorry if that spoils it a bit for anyone). I so think he should've done a trilogy or something, it was so cool to read about him, and having taken my mum round places in a wheelchair, I can totally sympathise with how difficult he found some things. Anyway, this one's well worth reading, if you don't mind being completely unable to stop reading, even if your torch is slowly but surely dieing...

No comments: