Wednesday 24 February 2010

Eagle in the Sky

Wow, what a brilliant book. Wasn't at all like what I expected--it looked very much like an action sort of book and ended up being rather more of a romance, but it was very well written. Felt rather fragmented at first, but it picked up and I couldn't put it down. I was captivated. I picked it up because it had a picture of an aeroplane on the front and it was 10p, wasn't really expecting that much to be honest. But I found a deep, moving, intriguing plot and some very interesting characters. The ending was very satisfactory, left me feeling all happy. Highly recommend it. By Wilbur Smith, well worth the time taken to read it. I'll be honest, I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't so cheap, as I've never read one of his books before, and I did very nearly give up after a couple of pages, but I'm glad that I did finish it. An interesting tale. Involves aeroplanes, romance, and Israel. What more can I say? I don't want to give any of the plot away. Oh, there's a writer in there too, and some good action scenes, and some quite intense emotions. Loved it.

No comments: