Thursday 18 June 2009

Last Exam!!!!

So, I had my last exam yesterday. Maths decision. Yay! There was a monster of a last question though, involving a simplex algorithm where you had to repeat the same row twice. (For those of you who don't have a clue what a simplex algorithm is, you basically use it to work out how to maximise profit from a given set of variables. This question involved a badge factory; one of the other really nasty bits was that it asked you to work out what the question was...). I was a little annoyed to get to maths today and discover we were starting a whole new topic. Simpson's Rule. Thankfully we had a nice, rather amusing powerpoint to explain it, which involved multiple pictures of various Simpsons, and some music from the shows.

Form is so annoying though. Argh! Turned up today, to try and discover exactly what we have to do for this stupid cope thing, only to find out that not only is that due in in less than two weeks, we also have to write our personal statement for UCAS by next week! Why they couldn't have given us a little more warning, I don't know. Still, I suppose it could be worse. I could be doing general studies.

No comments: