Monday 8 June 2009

Through German Eyes: The British and the Somme

Yeh, this is kinda weird to read. It's about the British during the Battle of the Somme, from the German perspective. You do start to think a bit 'oh, just tell me what the Germans were doing'. But quite interesting to see a bit of the other side of the story at any rate. Oh boy have I got rotten hayfever at the moment. I think my head's gonna fall off if I sneeze again. Anyway.... It was pretty interesting, but it's worth having a bit of knowledge RE: the battle of the Somme before you start. Incidentally, we had a question on it during our history exam today, which was kinda neat. I was hoping for one. But I was also hoping it would be the one you could use own knowledge for. Apologies for the ramblingness of this review, but it's a while since I actually read this book and I didn't sleep well at all last night and my hayfever's really bad at the moment. Meh.

Anyway, I think I'd recommend this one if you've the time for it, it was pretty big. But it does help to know a bit about what it's talking about before you start reading it.

No comments: