Saturday 20 June 2009

My Story

It says on the Blogger Buzz thing that Google wants us all to talk about why we blog and how it's affected us, since Blogger is soon to turn 10. Well, I've been blogging for about a year and a half now. It started out as something to replace my diary, which I'd become increasingly bad at writing in. Shortly after, my mum was diagnosed with cancer, my dad had been suffering with stress, and exams were soon to set in. Needless to say, it was a pretty tough time in my life. So it helped sometimes to just be able to sit down at a computer and just write whatever came out, whatever my feelings were at the time. I survived my exams, and then had a long summer holiday stretching away in front of me, and no real prospect of a holiday like I'd been expecting, since my mum was still pretty grim a lot of the time. So I decided to write a review of every single book I read over the summer holiday. I'm not entirely sure that I managed all of them, but it was certainly a large percentage. I've kept on with that now, and I'm getting better at doing it. Although it has to be said that I do make a note of what I read and write the reviews later, not necessarily straight away. My mum's very much on the mend, and I've now done almost a full year at college. Can't believe how fast the time has gone. And I've actually managed to keep my blog (mostly) up to date with what I'm doing, which is more than I ever really managed long term with a diary.

So happy birthday blogger, and that's my story.

No comments: