Saturday 27 March 2010

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (film)

I don't often watch a film that's based on a book without having read the book, but the film looked so good and there weren't any copies left in the library that I couldn't risk missing it. So I went and saw it in half term (gosh, I really am behind--it's the Easter holidays now!) with my brother. Great film, judged separately from the book. If you've not read the book yet, I suggest you actually go and see the film first. It doesn't follow the book much at all, but it is a good film in its own right. Impressive graphics with the monsters, and I found the plot gripping given that I'd not read the book. Does have a rather different ending and middle than the book, and I really don't see how they'll swing it enough to film the second given the differences, plus they made a lot more of the romance (don't they always) which barely exists in the book. But like I said, it was an enjoyable film. Can you tell I don't review films as often as books? What do you write about, camera angles? Well, it seemed to flow fine, and I was peeved when it ended because I'd enjoyed it. The book (which I read later) was certainly better, but the film was enjoyable and probably more so because I'd not read the book.

1 comment:

Janell said...

Hello! :)
Sweet, now I know to go see it. I was wondering if it was worth it.

On the 25th of August last year, you left a comment on my blog post. And I was meaning to thank you for taking the time out to leave that comment, but I never got around to it.

THANK YOU =)