Friday 6 June 2008

Double Cross

Well. I wasn't so impressed with the most recent Maximum Ride book--The Final Warning--by James Patterson, and 6th Target wasn't quite as good as the other Women's Murder Club books either, but Double Cross was absolutely brilliant. I love Dr Cross' girlfriend, Detective Stone, and the story was just awesome. It had a lot of pace. Not that many twists, but plenty of good plain action. So it's definitely worth reading. Don't write James Patterson off yet. I nearly didn't read it because I was quite disappointed by Cross, but Double Cross was fantastic. Finished it in English today after starting last night, forcing myself (somehow or other) to stop and go to bed whilst part way through, reading some more after waking up at 6:20, and then more on the bus. I was really peeved when it ended, can't wait for the next one, Cross Country. Hope it comes out soon.

No comments: