Monday 21 September 2009

Whoa, where's the time gone?

It seems like only yesterday I started again at college. Equally, it feels like the summer holidays never really happened. Weird, isn't it? Anyway, I've been crazy busy what with UCAS forms and whatnot. Scary stuff. I really hate doing forms like that, they're so fussy. And it doesn't help that my high school wasn't on the system, so I had to fish out the school number. And then I had to work out what examining board I did which exam with. And I've just found out that it actually needs to be handed in on Wednesday this week, not next Wednesday like we were originally told. Help!

Anyway, I've been back for one full week and one part week (had Monday/Tuesday off the week before last). I'm getting a fair bit of homework, but I've got frees now so so far I've been able to do large portions of it at college. Today, for example, I did all my maths, history, and ancient history homework in my free period, and had time left to read :D. That was good. It meant I didn't have to do any over the weekend--just read.

I've started doing AS Ancient History (or Classical Civilisation as it seems to be called, sounds a lot posher I have to say!), which is quite fun. Although it is weird to be in a class with a load of first years. But it's pretty interesting. The democracy stuff is fascinating, and it's kind of strange to see how they determined to keep the power out of the hands of a small group of people by allocating offices by lot etc. To be perfectly honest, we've been looking at similar stuff in Modern History (although related to modern/more modern British politics), and allocating by lot doesn't seem to be such a good idea when you remember that Education Ministers randomly switch to Armed Forces etc. Very interesting stuff, although I have to confess I do still prefer Modern. We're doing WWII!, which I've never had chance to study properly before, although we have looked a bit at the build up to it in GCSE.

Anyway, I think that's about it with regard to updating on life. Now I just need to somehow catch up on all those book reviews. I might skip a few, certainly the ones I've written about on here before.

No comments: