Thursday 1 May 2008

Cathedral

Well, it could've gone a lot worse this morning. Of course, despite sending an emergency message round yesterday to tell everyone we had to be at the Cathedral by half eight, Mr Tarney didn't start choir until ten to nine, and I had to get the bus at half seven, so I was a little peeved, and now I'm tired. But oh well. Two of the songs went badly wrong. The Agnes Dei kind of failed to start up, because we didn't actually know it very well, and in Lift Up Your Heads Oh Ye Gates we didn't quite manage to get the A... Never mind.
Mr Whyte's song at the end was good fun, plus we did nice songs which we picked. So we did Servant King, Shine Jesus Shine, and one other which I cannot remember the name of but I love and we sing it at church sometimes. Oh, I know, I'll just go look, cos I have the sheet. It was My Jesus, My Saviour, and I love that song. But the best bit was Mr Whyte's song, mainly because it was so hopelessly out of time with everything but we belted it out anyway. LOL. Couple of people were crying because it's our last ever Cathedral Service, but it doesn't feel like it's soon to me. I mean, yes I've got a leaver's book and I'm going to get everyone to write in it, but there's still a fair bit left.

No comments: