Thursday 29 May 2008

Whoo!! I finished Lightning Smoke!!

Yesterday, I managed to finish Lightning Smoke, which is now book four in my series, but is actually the sixth one that I've finished. Yeh, I'm not really writing them in proper chronological order. Well, I was, but then there was about a sixteen year gap or something between Broken Sky and Chain Heart, and a lot of stuff happened in it, so I figured I needed to write what happened, even though Nutmeg doesn't feature in it at all. Terry came up with a lot of surprises, and I mean a lot, who would've guessed he had such a complicated and problem-riven family history? Red chucked in a couple too, as did Sammy and Eagle. I'm telling you, secondary characters suddenly developing personalities and histories and stuff like that is dangerous and interesting. I mean, who would've thought it of that lot? Sammy was just a nice, quiet angel who I chucked in because I needed someone to go in Nutmeg's new team, she wasn't supposed to be such a fierce, completely amoral warrior, who technically isn't. Well, I won't go into that here, just for when I get published. Maybe I will though. I mean, it's not exactly like everyone's going to suddenly pour onto this blog and plough through dozens and dozens of entries to find information, and I haven't really ever used labels, so they'd end up having to read it all... Anyway, Terry was causing more problems than Sammy in this one, because Sammy is waiting a bit to reveal all her stuff. And I have a feeling this kind of intermediate spin-off sort of series about the secondary characters may get a little longer than I thought. I mean, it's already gone from one book to definitely two and I have enough ideas for three I would think, but these guys are so unpredictable, it may end up being quite a few more.

No comments: