Tuesday 20 May 2008

Story update

Well. I was adding to Sky Dancer, until my angels leapt at me with a really interesting idea, which is going to turn into three books between the current third and fourth ones. It had to be three, because it was too much idea for just one, and two would screw up my sneaky pattern which nobody will ever notice, but it's there, so ha!

See if you can spot it...

Nutmeg Angel (written)
Winged Fire (written)
Broken Sky (written)
Lightning Smoke (one I'm currently working on)
Steal Faith (provisional title)
Teach Trust (provisional title, unlikely to be used, but it serves its purpose for now)
Chain Heart (written)
Twisting Fate (written)
Seeking Truth (from here on are unwritten so far, but I have ideas)
Dark Light
Cursed Hope
Shadowed Watch
Crimson Flight
Grow Life (not sure about this one)
Chase Dusk
(no idea what this one will be called, I haven't found an interesting title that fits the pattern yet)
Darkening Waters
Shimmering Soul
Thousand Worlds
Forgotten Warriors
Completed Paths.

That's a lot of books. But I will do it. Gradually. Just like I'll finish off the series about Ash, and Sky Dancer, and I'll write A Crash Course In Parachuting and yeh, I've lots to keep me busy.

Anyway, in this one I'm working on, Lightning Smoke, the characters have gone heywire. I mean, Terry was always a nice quiet guy, solid, reliable. He's been badly injured, and all sorts of stuff about his family is coming out. And then there's Eagle and force lines and what I thought was a mostly fairly predictable series (well, more predictable than some of my other books, even if plenty of random unexpected stuff did end up happening...) is suddenly just as unpredictable as Pterodactyl was. Still. It's interesting to say the least.

No comments: