Saturday 10 May 2008

Marks

Well. I got my mock results back for most of it. Chemistry was my best out of all the sciences, and Mr Benett read the marks from worst to best, and I was best in the class! Have to admit, it was a little embarrassing. Not quite as bad as English though. Apparently, my essay on the unseen poem which was exam practice, was faultless, so Mrs Farrell decided to read it out to the class. It wouldn't have been so bad if it'd been anonymous. Still, I am quite happy about that, because I didn't think I'd done amazingly in it. Just goes to show it's more technique and confidence than anything else. And I hate waffling. Although Mrs Farrell said mine was longer than Illyas' (sorry, no idea how to spell his name), she said it doesn't matter if I have the time to write that. Plus my writing is a fair bit bigger than his. Other marks, Physics I was one mark off an A*, but the grade boundaries are sooooo low, and Biology I was into an A*. Maths I did pretty well in, 64 out of 70 on the non-calculator.
Mrs Farrell's marked my story now, the one I had to do for B2 on Paper 1, and she said it was really, really good, which I'm happy about because I wasn't sure she'd like it, and she said that if I cut anything out it'd spoil it, which I was also surprised about, because there was a lot in that story. I wrote it as a blog, and it was about this girl who'd been raped on her first night out since being caught in the bomb blast during a terrorist attack in which her brother was killed. Anyway, she wasn't sure I could write it in the time, but I just have done today, I managed to write out a version of it that follows roughly the same lines as the original, in exactly half an hour, which is the amount of time we have. I quite liked that story. Maybe I'll continue it into a novel, like I kind of planned on doing, but kind of am now not sure about. I don't know. Maybe I'll ask Mrs Farrell about it on Monday. Have to see.

No comments: