Monday 26 May 2008

The iPod and the Washing Machine

Well, I had an interesting experience on Saturday, when my mum came up to my room and told me she'd just found my iPod in my blazer pocket... After it had been through the washing machine. I tried switching it on, and it didn't come on, so I figured that was it, that my little iPod nano which I've had for nearly a year now, was dead. But after looking on the internet, I figured I may as well leave it to dry for a little longer, see what happened when I plugged it in. I plugged it into my dad's computer (didn't want to damage mine if it killed it), and the screen came on, and the computer recognised it and nothing adverse seemed to happen. As far as iTunes was concerned, there was absolutely nothing wrong with it, so I let it charge up and took it out. Now the screen is a little dodgy, as it won't change from what it comes on as, but it plays music. So I'm hoping it's just a little wet inside still and will sort itself out soon. Failing that, well, it doesn't matter too much, and I'm amazed it still works at all. It's a surprisingly durable little thing in all honesty... :D Let's hope I don't test its durability again though...

No comments: