Monday 4 May 2009

Bosun's Secret

Yeh, it's one of those quick reads, or maybe a children's book. Whichever way, a short one you can read in half an hour or so. Good book for a dinner break when you're bored, though not hugely amazing. I rarely enjoy short stories that much though, I don't think there's the time to make them really interesting. If you're bored and you happen to see a copy, read it, but I wouldn't go out of your way to find one.

It's set in Victorian England, about a boy caught begging and sent to a nautical school, so that he can make something of himself. Becomes friends with the captain of the 'ship' and his daughter, but there's an evil Bosun. Not quite as good as I'd hoped, but I do like stories about the sea, and it was very realistic in its portrayal of those times.

No comments: