Monday 4 May 2009

Last Battle of the Icemark

This is the final instalment in the trilogy which started with The Cry of the Icemark. It's incredible, rounds off the series well, and is well written. I met the author a while ago, very interesting guy. Really enjoyed the book. It brings everything to a neat conclusion, although it's not just finishing off old threads--new ones are started and wrapped up too. One of the best fantasy trilogies I've ever read. Need reading in order for maximum enjoyment, but that's nothing unusual. I think Blade of Fire (second book) is still perhaps my favourite of the trilogy, but they're all very good. I think you should read them if you like fantasy. Very original take on things, nice twists on traditional myths and folk lore, love this book.

No comments: