Thursday 6 August 2009

The Bourne Identity

Wow! This book was good! I really need to work out what the next one in the series is. It's got great action scenes, and wonderful chases etc. I guess people are probably familiar with the plot from the films, but I wasn't, so I think that entitles me to say a bit about it. Jason Bourne wakes up with no idea who he is, where he came from, or what he's done to wind up being rescued from the ocean. He starts, however, to discover frightening secrets from his past when he determines to find out. His only clue is a numbered bank account. And the fact that he finds himself disturbingly good at fighting people...

He grabs a woman to use as a hostage during an attempt by the police to snatch him, and finds himself on the run, from both authorities and from a mysterious assassin. All the evidence he can find points to them being competitors.

I'd highly recommend this book. Never seen the film, but I bet it's not a patch on this. Film's rarely are.

No comments: