Saturday 18 April 2009

Meiktilla 1945

This book is in the Osprey Campaign series. I mentioned before when I read another that it was rather confusing. I think now that that was due more to the nature of the battle it was describing than due to poor writing. Also, the problem I had working out which side was which was negated in this book as the Japanese units were written in italics since they'd been translated.

It was very interesting, all about the battle for Burma during WWII. I enjoyed it. However, it does perhaps require a little bit of background knowledge (think it would've helped me get more out of it). It's interesting if you're interested (hope that makes sense). However, if you really don't care what the Japanese and the British/Americans did in Burma during WWII, don't bother reading it.

No comments: