Thursday 30 April 2009

Life

Well, today my dad was made redundant. So I guess that's the end of a bit of an era. He's been working at the same place for ages, twenty odd years I think at least. Certainly as long as I can remember. But they've decided they don't want him any more after messing him about for a bit over the past few months. I'm not entirely sure what to think. It's weird. Both my parents are going to be at home now, cos my mum's still not working after being ill. Over a year since she was diagnosed with cancer, but she's definitely getting better. Pray about it, please.

I've run into a road block with regard to publishing. Again. Gonna cost twenty-five dollars to post my book from America to England. Which is ridiculous, and pretty much prohibitively expensive for anybody wanting to buy it. Looking at various options. In the mean time, I'm going to try and get published in the People's Friend magazine, and I'm half way through a short story for that. Plus have a couple more ideas for 'nice' short stories that could go that way too. Hopefully. Am also going to try and find an agent so I can get my book published properly.

On a more cheerful note, college is still good. Hard work, but good fun. Exams coming up soon, but also study leave coming up soon. And it's quite interesting.

No comments: