Friday 18 January 2008

Boringest day in the world

I hate Fridays. I know that sounds absurd, but it's true. For a start, I have choir, which now we've got Mr Tarney is nowhere near as good as it used to be. Then, English, which I spent reading Paddy Clarke Ha, Ha, Ha, which is just about the worst book ever. History, we were doing coursework in the computer room and I just could not concentrate at all. It was awful. Then I have prefect duty, which basically involves standing in a freezing cold corridor and watching the sixth form prefects do everything, sometimes including carrying out miscreants and dumping them outside. Physics is the most boringest lesson in the world, and I don't get electricity and that at all, which is really bad, so I'll have to get my dad to explain it to me cos he's an electrical engineer, so he should know what it's all about. At dinner, I had to go to a Duke of Edinburgh meeting, which was utterly pointless, because despite me asking and him saying it was for me as well and the English trip group (basically we're doing our final later than everyone else because we went on a trip to London on the day everyone else did their practice expedition), it really wasn't. We were there for half an hour, and the only information I got out of him was that we were to keep watching the noticeboard for more announcements, which we're doing anyway. Grr. Then French, which is nearly as bad as Physics, then finally got to come home. Hallellujah!
Oh yeh, there was a newspaper meeting this morning as well, and I've volunteered myself to do a story on choir, which could be interesting. I'll try not to be too negative about Mr Tarney, even if he is a prat, because he probably wouldn't appreciate that too much, and he's already mad at me in a way about missing wind band. That is, if he actually even knows what my name is.

No comments: