Sunday 20 January 2008

Unh... Last night...

Yeh well. I went to this celebration praise evening last night, half for the hotpot, half because I thought it'd be a bit like Devoted (tonight, absolutely fantastic, lively, loud, fun), but it wasn't. I said to my mum on the way in "Where is it actually?" And she said: "Think it's at (can't remember what the church was called). Didn't actually check. We might walk in on a bereavement counselling session or an alcoholis anonimous meeting." We laughed, but it felt just like an alcoholic's anononimous meeting (not that I've been to one), with everyone giving their life stories and going 'oh, I can't tell you how much God has helped me through this awful time, and I just want to encourage you.' Ok, fair enough, testimony has its place and can be ok, but that was just pathetic, and the whole thing was boring, though not quite as bad as a C of E service. We didn't eat until after, so I had nothing until just after 9, which is really bad when I normally eat about half five, especially since I get used to eating about half one in the afternoon on school days and we ate at twelveish. Humph.
Well, the hotpot was very nice, I have to say. My dad reckons we're spoiled at Fresh Manna because it's such a great church, but there must be other churches like it out there, there must be. Nice, lively, family-feeling churches with about a hundred or so people who come, so fairly big, but not too big, small enough to feel like a family, big enough that you don't get bored of the same people all the time. It was pretty lively this morning, we were doing all the happy clappy songs and dancing and stuff. Twas good.
Naomi's coming soon, so we'll do some English revision and go on the trampoline if it dries out a bit, and then we're going to Devoted, which'll be good because I don't really know anyone there and she doesn't really have a church at the moment. So there you go, that's my life. Pretty much anyhow.

No comments: