Saturday 26 January 2008

The park, glue, and a strange dragon.

Went to town this morning, got a set of eight books from WHSmiths, plus my amazon order arrived this morning, so I got Six Sacred Stones. I have never read a book with such a huge cliff hanger at the end, it being a literal cliff hanger, with him falling into an abyss, with a hostile force led by a father who tried to kill him at the top of the cliff and a suicidal Japanese terrorist falling with him.
This afternoon, went to Withy Trees new park with my brother. Would you believe that for all the amazing equipment they have, they don't actually have monkey bars? Humph, I say. Oh well. And then I hurt my ankle by squashing it under the see saw and when I bent down to check I wasn't about to die, James clonked me on the head with it. Never mind. They had a few pretty cool spinny things that you hang off and stuff, and a climbing wall which I couldn't do and a big rope climbing thing which I couldn't work out how to get on top of, although it was maybe a good thing seeing as I'm scared of heights. Random poles too, and I Have no idea what they were supposed to be for.
The glue is from me making part of a model airplane and nearly asphyxiating myself with the fumes. They smell nice though. I like the smell. And the smell of model paint.
As for the strange dragon. Well. This dragon was wierd enough on the first draft in my notebook written last night when I was shattered, just walking off after watching Tatharn kill her children, but now, now, she's asked to join his expedition thing, because she's curious about centaurs and Tuatha (kind of like people and the dominant species in my fantasy novel). Don't even ask what she's up to, because I really don't have a clue.

No comments: