Saturday 23 February 2008

Blue Planet

Went to Blue Planet on Thursday. It was ok I guess, but I'm getting a bit old. The fish were pretty cool, especially the ones with neon stripes, but it was a bit childish in the facts they gave you and the exhibits. Did get to stroke a ray though, which I've done before, but is still pretty fun. They're my favourite type of fish I guess. They're awesome. The other thing that annoyed me was the way they treated evolution like fact and not a theory. Sure I think it does happen a bit, in a limited kind of way, but people coming from monkeys, that's just absurd. If you look, the original always disappears, because it becomes something else. I could rant about this for ages. Think I might. It's my blog after all, I can spend hours ranting about how stupid the theory of evolution is as an explanation for life being as it is today. For a start, half of this 'evidence' they have is a reconstruction from a jawbone or something like that. And then there's this 'oh everything looks similar, it's all from the same creature originally', which is absurd, because it could just as easily be proof of common design. And then that experiment where they created amino acids, the building blocks of life, by putting lightning through an 'atmosphere'. Well for a start, the atmosphere was nothing like what it was thought to be like at the time, and for seconds they did a lot of modifications, proving intelligent life (the scientist) was necessary to get conditions just right for life. And for seconds, even if you have amino acids, you're still a heck of a long way from actual life.
Rant on evolution over.
After we were all a bit fished out, we went to Cheshire Oaks, which was kind of boring, especially because WHSmiths was closed, and that's basically the only shop there that I like. And then we went to see my Nana and Granddad Jim, and it was really weird in a way, because Nana's lost a load of weight, and my mum's like 'we don't know how long she'll have left, because she's got alzeimers and it's getting quite bad, but she wasn't having too bad a day when we were there, she made sense most of the time and wasn't too overwrought. Don't know how well Granddad's coping though, he didn't look all that happy really.

No comments: