Friday 1 February 2008

I am not an answer book.

Hello. I am not an answer book. I'm a human being. I don't particularly like being ignored all the way through double physics except when people either want answers or want to know what I'm sewing (had finished all the work before I started sewing though). Last thing I want round about now is being completely ignored bar for answers.
And then French. Mrs Asjlouny (or however you're supposed to spell her name) was in a bad mood and moved loads of people around which made loads of people in a bad mood and it's boring too and I hate sitting on my own and having no one to talk to and all that, it does my head in. And then at the end of the lesson I went to her to find out how to say forum in French for my coursework and she told me to use a dictionary and I told her I had and it didn't have it in so she told me to use a big dictionary and I tried that and it didn't have it in the right context and I couldn't be bothered asking her again because she'd been so unhelpful, after specifically telling us that she was willing to help us if we got stuck. Oh well. I shall try using the internet in a bit when I can be bothered, but when teachers can't be bothered it makes it hard for me to see why I should bother putting all that much effort in.
Take Mrs Farrell for example. She's not a bad teacher really, but seh doesn't mark stuff. Today, I got back a piece of coursework she's had for three months. She put at the end 'this could be an interesting article in a high brow magazine, but it is not a GCSE English lit essay about the Merchant of Venice and that she needs to be able to 'tick the boxes'. Now I've forgotten half the stuff we did on the play and the official deadline is Friday for all English coursework. She's given our class a week extension because she was off for ages. No mention of the fact that I've been wanting this piece of coursework back for ages--would've been best if I could've had it over Christmas when I actually had time, whereas now I have very little, especially with having to do loads more around the house what with my mum being incapacitated pretty much.

No comments: