Monday 4 February 2008

Well tea was... interesting.

James cooked today in food tech, and it didn't turn out so well, so cos mum was feeling dizzy I wound up making noodles and stir fry as extra, and the baby sweetcorn had kind of gone off and I don't think I rinsed everything well enough. Now I feel slightly ill.
I kind of got abandoned at dinner which was a bit bad because that was sort of when I most needed people around me, to take my mind off stuff and keep an eye out for teachers while I checked the text from my dad to see about my mum.
Anyway, she's got cancer, but it's treatable, so she'll just be a bit out of it and incapacitated for a few months, which considering tonight's culinary efforts could prove interesting. I've suggested we live off Yorkshire puddings for a while, but my dad didn't think it such a good idea. Anyway, that's my life at the moment. Abandoned at dinner by everyone, cos I sat at a table with my packed lunch to wait for all the others in the middle of just about the biggest empty space and they all went and sat somewhere else. It was where we normally sit as well. I sometimes wonder if they're avoiding me and kind of want me to just go away. Ate my dinner, went in the library, posted on here, then sat with Bryony and co for a while which always cheers me up, even if all they ever seem to talk about at the moment is sex. At least it made me laugh and took my mind off stuff. That's what I need at the moment I guess, something to take my mind off it all.

No comments: