Wednesday 13 February 2008

Reports, RE revision, work to do, French Control

Got my report today. Pretty good one really. Could've gone home way early, but decided to stay on for the RE revision class. It was ok I guess, but I didn't really know anyone and it felt a little weird. We got sweets though. Don't think I'll go again, too many other commitments and all of that. I'll be at band tomorrow night though, which could be interesting seeing as most of my reeds are way to hard and I'll have to explain to Mr Keady that my mum won't be coming in after all and she won't be coming in ever probably, because my mum has cancer and she's going in for an operation on the Tuesday we come back from half term.
The French control piece went ok. Took me about 20 minutes to write up, and she gave us over an hour to do it, so I finished all of my conversation questions, and then read for a while. She came over to me when I started doodling and asked if I could please get on with my conversation questions so I told her I'd done them. I think she was having one of those 'pick your battles' sort of moments. As in, I want her to do work, but I don't really want her to get way ahead and she doesn't look like she's in such a good mood, so I'll just leave her alone. I was glad about that.
Need to go finish Assignment 7 for my distance learning course. It's kind of hard, and getting harder, and my initial enthusiasm has faded somewhat, but you know what? I'll keep slogging it out, get it out of the way and done, a nice little qualification tucked away, and then I'll concentrate on my GCSE's. I'm a little behind with my writing too, but that's ok because I'm at home for at least two of the days during half term and I'll be able to get plenty done I'm sure.

No comments: