Saturday 23 February 2008

Preston--How to get lost in your home town!

Yeh. I went into Preston on monday. Walked in, and on the side of the road I was on, there were hardly any pedestrian lights at the traffic lights, and the junction by Holiday Inn is pretty complex, and it was a little interesting, trying to get across without any idea of whether or not cars would be coming my way. I had an experience with a double decker bus, which thankfully didn't come too close, but it was interesting. Preston Council needs to do some proper pedestrian lights, just red and green men, nothing too hard, if they want people to walk rather than drive. I did the stuff I wanted to do in town, and then I was meeting my dad at his workplace and he was going to drive me home. Trouble is, I've never walked to his office before, and I took a wrong turning at the roundabout in front of the university, walked past BT, this was after looking down the other road because I wasn't sure which it was but I thought you could see the sign from the roundabout, but it turns out you can only really see it if you're in a car. Anyway, I texted him to ask if I was supposed to walk past BT. He said no and came and picked me up.
There's a heck of a lot of big 4x4s in Preston, which is what my dad drives now. You only realise that when you're looking for one in particular and you really have absolutely no idea where you are. If I'd gone a bit further along there, I'd have wound up at church, and then I might have been able to find Goss, but it's doubtful.

No comments: