Sunday 1 February 2009

Amelia?!

I went through all my story files yesterday. Well, not all I suppose, but most of the ones on the computer, sorting them out. And I figured that I'd continue with a story I came up with a while ago and have actually started. Wrote a load of it (well, four and a half pages handwritten) while babysitting last night. The name of the FMC (female main character for those of you not up on all the authory slang--took me a while to get my head round it after joining Nanowrimo for the first time, trying to work out what all these SCs and FMCs and so on were all about) changed from Flo to Flaya part way through, but I kind of made a conscious decision after writing Flaya instead of Flo a couple of times. The name seemed to fit her better and she was getting called it anyway. I've just looked at the version on the computer, and have discovered that Flaya's name is really Amelia. Huh? How did...? Never mind. I'll stick with Flaya, because that's what I've come to think of her as.

No comments: