Tuesday 24 February 2009

The Dam Busters

This is a non-fiction, and I thought 'great, get some good knowledge in me'. Wasn't expecting it to be quite as exciting and entertaining as it was. The only thing I can think of to compare it to is the 633 Squadron books, which I guess shows you just how good they both are. The 633 Squadron ones because they're so realistic that it almost seems fact, and The Dam Busters because it was so well written it could almost be fiction. Incredibly interesting, I absolutely loved it. Don't be put off by the fact it's non fiction. The people it talks about are developed as well as characters in a book, the whole thing is told like a story. And what I really like is that it doesn't stop telling the story of the squadron with the raid on the dams and the bouncing bombs, it continues to tell what happens with them throughout the rest of the war. Some of the people it talked about, like Guy Gibson, seem so interesting and now I want to go find out more about him. An awesome book.

No comments: