Saturday 27 December 2008

633 Squadron (film)

I watched this on TV last night, because it looked kind of interesting and I remembered reading the book. Boy was it good. Some of the flying scenes they did were incredible. I really enjoyed it. The only mega annoying thing was that there were soooo many ad breaks and they were really long too. That just drove me mad, because it broke up the film in all the wrong places. And I was a bit miffed that I missed one about WW1 aircraft that was on just before because I was so caught up with the fact that I'd seen 633 Squadron was going to be on. It was pretty true to the book, though inevitably it missed quite a bit out, a couple of preliminary operations and an interesting bit of romance. Still, it was a fairly long book, even if the copy I have doesn't look that long, not with it being in such small print.

No comments: