Tuesday 30 December 2008

By Royal Command

It's the fifth of the Young Bond books, and the last featuring James at Eton. I don't know whether I want it to end there or not. It was certainly a very good book, although it's worth reading the others first. It rounded off the series very nicely and it had a more complicated and intriguing plot than any of the others. I half want there to be more, but after that, they'd have to be wildly complex to retain the interest that one has created. It kind of explains James Bond's behaviour in some of the adult books too, the way he's so casual with women, and I know that's going to influence how I think of him in the 'adult' books. Definitely worth getting. And some nice big twists, especially near the end. All I'll say is that it's not quite what you think...

No comments: