Thursday 26 March 2009

Six Sacred Stones

Yeh, I've reviewed this one before I suspect, and I should've technically done it a little while ago. However.

A great book. Pure action, it's the sequel to Seven Ancient (or Deadly) Wonders. Read them in order for most enjoyment. Like the other one, it's sole purpose is escapism. Fantastic action sequences, even bigger and crazier than the first. Lily and Alby (the children) seem a lot more realistic in this one, and we meet Jack West's father for the first time too. Very exciting. And dramatic.

One little thing that annoys me. It ends with the hugest cliffhanger you can possibly immagine, and it's a literal cliffhanger too. I'm assuming he survives (read the book to find out what I'm talking about), and I suspect that the maghook has something to do with how he survives although I'm not entirely sure. Can't wait for the sequel to find out what happens next.

Plot wise, it carries on from Seven Ancient Wonders, but on a larger scale. Six diamonds have to be found and placed in the correct spots before a certain date or the world will end is the gist of it. Lots of trap-beating, racing around the world etc. The enemies are not the same, though some of the new allies are of dubious quality. A cracking read. Nice and fast paced. Don't expect complete realism, or any of that. Just expect some of the most incredible action you're ever likely to come across.

No comments: