Monday 21 April 2008

English

Well, I've just spent some time putting together six plans for a story. Hopefully my teacher will like at least one of them. I'm going to ask her which would be best to develop. Four are based on Japanese myths, so that might rule them out. The other two; one's about a terrorist attack on an aircraft, the other about a dragon appearing in Preston. I hate stories where nothing much happens, they need plenty of action to hold my interest really. I don't do romance or growing up teenage stories as such. I prefer to do that more as a backdrop to something pretty extraordinary or exciting. Makes both parts more interesting. Of course, in short stories it's much harder to mingle multiple genres, so I tend to go for action or fantasy. Unfortunately, my English teacher isn't all that fond of action stories...

No comments: