Thursday 17 April 2008

Holiday

Yeh, I figure I perhaps ought to write a little about my holiday. It was fun.
There was a neat bookshop in Carnforth, however you're supposed to spell that, I don't know, and they had Biggles books, so I got Biggles in Borneo. James went swimming near enough every single day. I didn't go swimming once. I don't like it, don't like wearing a swimming costume, don't like the smell in my hair, don't like swallowing the water and then feeling ill.
We went to Kendel, and I finally got a new pair of trainers that actually fit, because I didn't have any that properly fitted, one pair was too small, one pair considerably too big. Mum did a lot of staying in the lodge. Sunday James and Dad came back home, so Dad could take the trailer to church and James could go to his mate's party, and Mum and I played about nine games of Scrabble, most of which I won. Went to Lancaster too, just me and Dad. I usually get on quite well with him. James doesn't always. We came back early, on Tuesday, for some reason. Not really sure why. We ate in Truck Haven twice, the food was really good. Oh, we went to Grange-Over-Sands to feed ducks, and I got a fox beanie baby and Dad nearly had a mental breakdown, but it's really cute. He's called Sly, and he's sat on my desk next to me, smiling at me. The ducks at Grange are really cool, there're all different sites.
There were some funny birds that lived round the lodge. They're called Oystercatchers (think that was it), and they have these huge long yellow beaks, but otherwise they look a bit like seagulls or magpies.

No comments: