Wednesday 2 April 2008

Short Stories

I don't usually like writing short stories, because there's no room for a really good plot and loads of twists, but I think I might write a collection of them for youngish children. I'm going to try and do my Service for Silver Duke of Edinburgh at the Harris Library, doing a story time on Saturday mornings, about 11 or something, and just read out stories to little kids for a while. Could be quite fun, and it'll give me a chance to practise my story-telling skills. I'd love to be a story-teller. Plus, I could read out some of my own stuff and get a reaction to that, which'd be good.
Saw my English teacher on Tuesday, to hand in my descriptive piece. She said she'd read my short story (we were doing a practise on Paper 1), and that it was 'interesting'. Said she could tell I'd been reading Alaistar MacLean's books, but that it was good. Just 'interesting'.

No comments: