Saturday 5 April 2008

Happy

Pterodactyl is going really well at the moment. Never mind the characters telling me random stuff about themselves, that's bound to happen when you don't map them out completely before you start. I have now added in everything I currently need to add in, so I'm back to writing at the end of the story instead of sticking sections in. There is still some work to do on the finer points of the structure, there's a few things I want to move around and rejig a little, but overall I'm pretty happy with the way the story so far goes. So now I get to write the really fun bit--Pterodactyl getting kind of... um... damaged :D. It loses one of the boats. I currently have no idea why that boat had to be sunk, but I do think I know who did it, and it wasn't the Japanese terrorist, because she's now dead. Shame, because I liked her, but she had to die or the plot wouldn't work out right. I guess I can always add in more story before she dies.
Oops, I've just realised that I need to write another death in. Sakura (Japanese terrorist) gives this Chinese cook some poison discretely, and I need to write about her dying. Never mind, that should be quite a fun scene too, but at the moment, I'm working on the story chronologically again.

No comments: